Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Review of Questions on Writing by RayS in 2007

Directions: Continuing the list of questions I have already answered about writing in 2007. The date at the end of the question is the date on which I have published my answer. Just go to the “Blog Archive” on the right of the blog. Click on "2007." Click on the month and find the date and my answer.

What are some problems in sentence structure that you can predict will appear in students’ writing? Tuesday, July 24, 2007.

What are some problems in sentence structure that you can predict will appear in students’ writing? Run-on sentences. Wednesday, July 25, 2007.

What are some problems that you can predict will appear in students’ writing? Sentence fragments. Thursday, July 26, 2007.

I’ve been told to use the active voice as often as possible. What is it and why? Monday, July 30, 2007.

How can I identify dangling modifiers and what do I do about them? Tuesday, July 31, 2007.

What are “misplaced modifiers” and how do I correct them? Wednesday, August 1, 2007.

What can I do to remember how to spell “parallel”? Now that I can spell “parallel,” what the heck is “parallel structure”? Thursday, August 2, 2007.

What are some predictable problems in sentence structure? Summary. Friday, August 3, 2007.

No comments: