Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Topic: Encouragement


Note: Sorry for the disruption, folks. I was called away from my blog duties by an unintended hospital stay. Today, I resume my blog. RayS.

10-second review: The only failure in writing is if you stop writing.

Quote: “If you write a hundred short stories and they’re all bad, that doesn’t mean you’ve failed. You fail only if you stop writing. I’ve written about two thousand short stories; I’ve only published about three hundred and I feel as if I’m still learning. Any [person] who keeps writing is not a failure.” Ray Bradbury. March 1967. P. 143.

Comment: One feeling I have about writing is that I am always learning something new about it. Each new writing situation is different, creates new problems that require solutions. As long as I write I will always be learning how to write. RayS.

Title: The Writer’s Digest Guide to Good Writing. Thomas Clark, ed., et al. Cincinnati, Ohio: Writer’s Digest Books, 1994.

No comments: